I am trained as a counsellor to do psychotherapeutic work with persons who have experienced trauma, PTSD, grief/loss, abuse and sexual assault.
My qualifications, training and experience are as follows:
· Certified Mental Health Professional with Equine Facilitated Wellness Canada (EFW-CAN)
· MA in Counselling Psychology (University of Victoria, BC)
· BA Honours in Psychology (St. Francis Xavier University, NS)
· Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC).
· Registered Clinical Therapist-Candidate (RCT-C) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT)
· Member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
· Counsellor/mediator/educator with public agencies as well as private practice working with both women and men as individuals, couples and groups who have experienced sexual abuse/assault, domestic violence or grief/loss
· Crisis Negotiator with Metro Vancouver Transit Police
· Twenty-three years as a front line police officer